Backed By Science
For over 40 years, Dr Maurice Larocque has dedicated his expertise and time to helping people that suffer from overweight and obesity.
In that ime, he has employed systematic and scientific research methods to observe both the effects and results of his unique approach to treating overweight and obesity.
Some of the most prominent and influential research papers Dr Larocque published on foot of his research are listed below.
Weight Loss Research
- Study showing 82% weight maintenance. Primary care treatment of obesity: strategy for long term weight maintenance.
- Relations between initial and long term weight loss.
- Primary Care Patients’ Preferences for Very Low Calorie vs Low Calorie Diets.
- Self-regulation of weight 2006.
- Use of a web-based psychological assessment in obesity treatment. Association with treatment continuation vs. dropout.
- The debate on should obesity be treated.
- Treatment of obesity: comparative study of 3 motivational approaches.
- Bariatric surgery vs lifestyle change.
- Prolonged refeeding improves maintenance.
- Early treatment response as a predictor of ongoing weight loss in obesity treatment.
- The Role of Motivation in Weight Management: New Findings : August 2009.
- Convergent Validity of the Larocque Obesity Questionnaire and Self-reported Behavior during Obesity Treatment.
- Predictors of initial vs. later weight loss.
- Health-related and psychological motives for weight loss.
- The Larocque Obesity Questionnaire: a new measure of the psychological factors in weight control.
*Clinical study published in The Journal of Bariatric Medicine.