Christmas is approaching! So exciting! As the diary fills up with lunch and party dates is the prospect of socialising striking fear into your weight loss psyche? To get into the spirit (pardon the pun) of the season you’ll be needing some tips for enjoying alcohol while losing weight.
There can be a tendency when on a weight loss programme to feel alcohol can’t be part of the process. I always say to clients that a weight loss programme is just practice for weight maintenance so start as you mean to go on.
Sipping on just one alcoholic drink can put you in the danger zone of sugar intake, especially those with sweet mixers which can contain up to a staggering 30 grams of the deadly white stuff! This can be make or break for those of us watching our weight, a few of these drinks can put pounds on in no time.
Motivation’s 6 Top Tips For Enjoying Alcohol While Losing Weight
Obviously abstaining is a great choice but it’s important to know that you don’t have to. At Motivation we encourage our clients to enjoy socialising without guilt by creating healthy habits that keep them on track. It is much better to develop habits that you are happy with, so that you avoid the swing of total control to no control because you feel deprived. Like food, getting to grips with the best drink options means you can enjoy alcohol sensibly, without fear of putting your weight loss in jeopardy.
Here’s our top 6 tips for enjoying alcohol while losing weight:
- Remember to drink water between alcoholic drinks.
- Eat before drinking, never the other way around.
- Try to get adequate shuteye, bearing in mind that excess alcohol impairs restorative sleep leading to cravings the next day.
- Bank calories before a night out by getting in an extra hour’s walk or reducing carbohydrate intake.
- Don’t drink alcohol two nights in a row, and keep track of the top ups, it’s easy to overdo it without realising.
- Try Skinny Prosecco for a low calorie bubblicious option!
Skinny Prosecco is a super choice compared to a glass of regular white wine which contains between 100 and 150 calories. But the real bonus comes from the lack of sugar in Skinny Prosecco at only 0.70 grams per glass. Excess sugar is the reason behind our obesity crisis and the associated health problems. With the above guidelines in place, you can combine weight management with alcohol, especially by choosing low calorie, low sugar alcohol like organic Skinny Prosecco.