Did you know that Diabetes Ireland provide a comprehensive on-site Type 2 Diabetes Health Screening programme?
Called the HEALTH AWARENESS FOR WORKPLACE WELLNESS programme it provides:
– Diabetes awareness & screening days are run by health professionals with vast clinical experience and specialist knowledge in diabetes & healthy living.
– Health talks, Health talks with Screenings, Screenings alone – on full days, half-days or multiple days/shifts.
– Health Check Options include Height, Waist, BMI, Weight, Blood Pressure, Blood Glucose, Cholesterol. Customised workplace wellness packages.
– One-on-one advice is provided and time is allotted to high and moderate risk personnel. Results are immediate and confidential.
– All diabetes support literature supplied and if your staff are diagnosed with diabetes, we run education courses nationwide.
– Creates an interesting space in your workplace using communication posters, videos and food packaging samples to stimulate engagement and aid learning.
– The aim is to create a fun, interactive and motivational event.
According to Diabetes Ireland it can take up to 12 years for symptoms to show and to get a diagnosis and typically occurs over 40 years of age but the condition can be developing from our 20’s while we are in the workplace.
In 2016 alone, Diabetes Ireland identified 9.7% of employees in workplaces with high blood glucose and referred them onward for further treatment.
If you are interested in arranging an on-site Type 2 diabetes health screening for your workplace then please click on this link to arrange a call with Diabetes Ireland.
Here at Motivation we’ve also been busy in the employee wellness area. We’ve been consulting directly with Irish companies for many years and we are now taking a more direct approach to employee wellness by formulating a detailed approach for companies to help them educate their employees as to best practices in and around health and wellness.
In particular, we’ve put together a presentation, aptly titled, ‘Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace‘, that we are delivering free via our nationwide network of weight loss clinics.