As one of the most widely cultivated “vegetable” in the world (yes they are technically a fruit), cucumbers are low in cost, extensively available and packed with healing properties with loads of health beauty benefits.
Like many of the other ‘live’ foods, by drinking or eating them you won’t feel overly full or bloated either!
This green vegetable is definitely a healthy food you will want to incorporate in to your diet after your read these 11 amazing benefits of eating cucumbers.
Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Here are the 11 benefits of eating cucumbers
- Reduce Your Risk of Cancer. Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans, which may help to lower your risk of breast, ovarian, uterian and prostate cancers. They also contain phytonutrients which have anti-cancer properties. Check out The Weight & Cancer Report here.
- Revitalize your eyes. Placing chilled thin slices of cucumber on top of your eyes might sound like a bit of a clichéd beauty tip, but it really does help reduce the bags and puffiness under your eyes.
- Helps keep you hydrated. If you find it difficult to drink enough water throughout the day, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water. It will surely compensate!
- Keeps your mouth feeling fresh. Cucumber juice refreshes and helps heal gum disease, leaving your mouth feeling refreshed and smelling good.
- Helps control stress levels. The multiple B vitamins contained in cucumbers, which include vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 are known to help ease anxiety and some of the effects of stress.
- Aids in healthy digestion. Chewing cucumber gives the jaws a good workout, and the fiber in it is great for digestion.
- Healthy hair and nails. A wonderful mineral in cucumber called silica makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight. Cucumbers are very low in calories, yet they make a filling snack (one cup of sliced cucumber contains just 16 calories). The soluble fibre in cucumbers dissolves into a gel-like texture in your gut, helping to slow down your digestion. This helps you to feel full longer and is one reason why foods highs in fiber may help contribute to weight loss.
- Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Showers you with vitamins A B and C which are known to help boost your immunity, give you energy, and keep you looking radiant. Increase it’s power by juicing a cucumber with spinach and carrot and if you need a little extra sweetness add half an apple.
- Reduces cholesterol. A compound which is found in cucumbers called sterols helps reduce bad cholesterol.