How to step outside your comfort zone to achieve weight loss
Complacency can happen anytime with anything we push ourselves to do. For example, when a person wishes to lose 3 stone, they may become comfortable after losing one stone, and therefore might not put in the same amount of effort. In fact, enough complacency can cause your weight management efforts to disappear completely. We all have a comfort zone. It’s perfectly healthy to have one; the danger is when we are afraid to do anything outside of it.
To prove this, ask yourself one thing, have you ever accomplished something you were really proud of by staying in your comfort zone?
If you don’t have something to aim for, you may just drift aimlessly carrying out the same tasks day in day out. By entering into challenging situations, we can gain a huge amount. It can result in confidence, empowerment, transformation, new experiences, and learning things about yourself that you never knew. These new experiences may help you reach your full potential and ultimately provide you with a huge feeling of satisfaction. Change is frightening but it can also make us stronger and happier.
Everyone will have a different idea of what they think is challenging. For some it may be doing some form of exercise, for others it could be weighing food or attending a social event. It doesn’t matter what it is that you are attempting to do as long as it’s testing you. Be realistic about what may happen if you decide to push yourself. Our minds can be an exaggerated world full of what if’s?
Here Are 5 Ways On How To Step Outside Your Comfort Zone To Achieve Weight Loss
1. Know the signs. Being able to spot when your focus is slipping is a great way to help prevent falling into the complacency trap. Signs may include; not keeping your daily diary, reducing your exercise, not planning ahead etc.
2. Expect the Unexpected. Life can get hectic without a moment’s notice. This is when our weight management efforts can take a backseat. If you can stick somewhat to your weight management plan you may find that you handle the stressful period more effectively.
3. Renew Your Goals. By assessing your goals regularly, you will have something to work towards. This will help keep you motivated and reduce the risk of becoming dangerously comfortable.
4. Be Kind to Yourself. If you do lose focus don’t beat yourself up over it. Motivation will dip every now and then but don’t let it defeat all your good intentions. Stay positive and believe you will get back on track. Try doing positive affirmations every morning to help get your self-belief back. For example, ‘today will be a good day’, or ‘I will make good choices today’.
5. Try on a Smaller Size. This may help you to feel uncomfortable again and spur you on to make better choices. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror. If there’s anything you’re not happy with, use that as positive motivation! There is no such thing as the perfect body so be realistic when doing this exercise. Try not to dwell on things that are out of your control such as stretch marks.
Remember, if you stay within your comfort zone, what will happen? Most likely nothing. If you don’t take risks and push your boundaries how will you ever know what you can achieve?
You will reap the biggest rewards by pushing your limits. Go on, step outside your comfort zone to achieve weight loss