The new super fruit or the Dragon Fruit, also known as the Pitaya, grows in tropical and subtropical regions in South America and Asia. This pink fruit is named appropriately as it is dragon like in appearance with an outer skin which resembles the scales of the fire breathing animal!
However like the mystical and magical dragon this wonder food also contains some magical like benefits! Containing around 60 calories each these are rich in vitamin C, B1, B2 and B3, and minerals such as iron, calcium, and phosphorus. And that’s not all. This is definitely one of the best “super fruits” out there.
We have listed our top 5 benefits associated with this Super Fruit:
- Helps to reduce harmful effects of free radicals – as it is packed with antioxidants this helps reduce the damaging effects of free radicals in the body.
- Helps to prevent cardiovascular disease – this wild fruit is rich in monounsaturated fats that help keep your heart healthy and reduce bad cholesterol levels in the body
- Weight Loss – with the help of this fruit you will be able to feel satisfied for longer
- Helps control diabetes – As this super fruit is also a great source of fiber it helps control diabetes as it stabilizes blood glucose levels by suppressing glucose spikes.
- Aids in digestion and weight loss – As I mentioned above dragon fruit has a very high fiber content that can improve poor digestion, help to relieve constipation and can help you feel fuller for longer which plays a big role in weight management.
- Helps relieve arthritis – One of the best health benefits of dragon fruit is that it can help relieve arthritis, which affects the joints, causing severe pain, irritation, and, sometimes, even immobility. Dragon fruit is known as anti-inflammatory fruit so it’s advisable for people who suffer from arthritis to add dragon fruits to their healthy eating plan.
So visit your nearest healthy food market and stock up on this delicious and extremely nutritious exotic fruit!
FOR MORE ABOUT HOW MOTIVATION CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS CONTACT YOUR LOCAL CLINIC.