The weight loss process starts in your mind. Changing your thoughts is vital. Dieting without challenging and replacing irrational or negative belief systems will give only temporary results. The weight will eventually return. Developing the right mind-set for long term weight loss is the most important step for permanent changes and a happy fulfilled life.
An important component in developing the right mind-set is to use affirmations as they will help with your weight loss.
Ok, so what is an affirmation?
An affirmation is a positive statement that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat affirmations often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes in many aspects of your life, your weight loss journey being one of them.
Here is a list of 10 affirmations that will help you with weight loss.
1. I believe in myself and my ability to succeed. I have hope and certainty about the future.
2. Everything I eat nourishes and strengthens my body and mind.
3. Making small changes is becoming easier. I enjoy the feeling of well-being these changes are giving me.
4. I don’t aim for perfection. I accept mistakes and learn from them.
5. I accept the past and know the future will be bright and happy.
6. I am not afraid to say no when I need to.
7. I exercise to enjoy a strong, toned body. I love the feeling exercise gives me.
8. It does not matter what other people say or do. What matters is how I choose to react and what I choose to believe about myself.
9. I let go of all negativity that rests in my body and mind. I choose to be positive and surround myself with positive people.
10. I look forward to achieving my ideal weight. I will wear…..and enjoy……. This is my goal and I have the ability to achieve it.
Pick some of the affirmations and write them down or create a note on your smartphone. Start practicing these affirmations two or three times a day. Remember, repetition is the key to success.
Speaking of lists, please chack out this great blog post – What is a weight loss friendly to-do list?