After a long relaxing weekend you might find that waking up on a Monday morning can be quite difficult. You’re not alone. A lot of people tend to feel this way. We want to help you start and and end your day in more positive way, so we are sharing our top 9 ways to banish those Monday blues for good!
- After spending hours sedentary in your bed, taking a minute or two to slowly move and wake up your muscles will be a satisfying and positive start to your day.
- Start your day with protein as opposed to dairy. As you know by now food is your body’s fuel and protein is definitely the best choice as it won’t make you feel sluggish and will also help you feel satisfied for longer.
- Dress to Kill – Keep your outfit choice aside for this Monday. Wear something that you feel great in
- Turn Up The Music – Music heals the soul and can be a great way of creating happy cells in our bodies. As you get ready on a Monday morning or on your commute to work, turn on some music in the background or pop in some earphones and listen to your favourite upbeat songs. The way you start your day will define how your day will continue, if you boost yourself up even a little with a peppy playlist you are on the right track.
- Offer to help a friend, family member or colleague who needs it. By giving up your time to lend a helping hand with others often creates a good feeling within.
- Fresh air. Get as much fresh air as possible, go for a walk with the dogs or a friend. Going out into nature can help boost your mood.
- Exercise. Work up a sweat and get your blood pumping. Your body will produce feel good endorphins and this guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself.
- Takes at least five minutes to practice deep breathing and switch out of your busy day. Mediation with deep breathing helps you to feel connected again and take you out of a low mood.
- Plan something fun to do early in the week, so that you have something to look forward to. Catching up with friends or heading to a spa for a massage. Also try and avoid being around negative people on a Monday, surround yourself with people that nourish and inspire you.
TO SPEAK TO A MOTIVATION WEIGHT MANAGEMENT ADVISER OR TO BOOK AN ASSESSMENT CONSULTATION, FIND YOUR LOCAL CLINIC CONTACT HERE.