Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Restricted Veg: ¼
All the great taste of lasagne but none of the carbs!
This high protein recipe for low carb lasagne will leave you feeling full but not bloated as you might do with regular lasagne. And while it is a healthy take on lasagne, it offers the satisfaction you would traditionally expect from this comfort food.
Grab a pan, a mixing bowl and a baking tray and away you go.
You can serve it with free vegetables like broccoli & cauliflower to further bulk it up.
High Protein Low Carb Lasagne Ingredients
- 240g Lean Hamburger Beef
- 200g 1% cottage cheese
- ½ cup (60g) green onions, chopped
- ½ cup (75g) green peppers, chopped finely
- 1 cup (200g) tomatoes, cubed
- 2 cups (450g) of spinach
- 70g mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cayenne pepper
- Brown beef in frying pan and drain. Remove from heat and add tomatoes, onions and green pepper. Season meat mixture with garlic, pepper and cayenne (you might consider adding; oregano, Italian seasoning, etc).
- Layer spinach, cottage cheese and meat mixture into small baking dish (1/2 meat mixture, spinach, cottage cheese, 1/2 meat mixture). Top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to1 hour.