7 Tips To Get A Healthier Heart
7 Tips To Get A Healthier Heart: Most of us go about our day forgetting about the main organ in our body which is keeping us alive, our heart, it is also the hardest working muscle in our body. What we don’t tend to realise is that there are several ways we can improve and maintain the function of a healthy heart. By incorporating the following 7 steps you can help yourself develop a healthier heart and keep it going for years to come!
1) Don’t smoke. If you smoke, take the steps needed to quit for good, it is the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
2) Eat a healthy diet. Eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, lean sources of protein, and healthy fats. Avoid processed foods and reduce how much eat out. Try keep your blood sugar levels stable by avoiding added sugars in your foods and beverages.
3) Meditate. A number of studies have revealed that meditation can decrease your heart rate, reduce your blood pressure and decrease the number of stress hormones circulating in your bloodstream, these all result in providing you with a healthier heart.
4) Move more. Even if you do not have time to do a complete exercise routine, find ways in your daily life to be more active by walking more, driving less, taking the stairs, etc. Even short bursts of exercise can be beneficial.
5) Work with your emotions. Emotional distress can cause a stress response in the body leading to increases in blood pressure and inflammation. Emotional distress can cause a stress response in the body leading to increases in blood pressure and inflammation and support from a counsellor, friend, or even a group.
6) Switch off. The ongoing addictive nature of smartphones, computers, and social media can keep stress levels rising. Try to incorporate some free time every day without the use of technology, consider going outside and connecting to nature. Take in the night sky, the stars, go for a walk amongst the trees or feel the warmth of the sun on your body. Do something to disconnect from the hustle and bustle throughout your day.
7) Get a good night’s sleep. Lack of sleep may result in a rise in blood pressure, stress hormones, and weight. An increase in any of these can be a problem when trying to maintain a healthy heart. Create a relaxing evening routine to help set yourself up for a good sleep. Click here for more sleeping tips.
FOR MORE ABOUT HOW MOTIVATION CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS CONTACT YOUR LOCAL CLINIC.