Time: 10 mins prep
Food Plan Info
Restricted Veg: 1/4
Fruity, meaty and super tasty, this recipe for Apricot and Cranberry pork roast is perfect to leave cooking away while you’re out at work during the day.
Just leave to cook on a low heat for 7 hours. Preparation time is minimal taking only 10 minutes and the ingredients below will serve 4 people.
It does use a hearty 4 servings of protein but it leaves you with 3 other protein serving to spread over breakfast and lunch. Serve with your choice of free vegetables and 120g of boiled baby potato if you have a carb left.
- 480g boneless pork loin roast
- 100g of chopped cranberries
- 50g of dried apricots
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- ¼ cup (60mls) pure orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- A few scallions
- Combine the cranberries, apricots, orange peel and juice, onion, vinegar, mustard, salt and ginger in the slow cooker bowl.
- Add the meat and spoon some of the cranberry mixture on top.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7-9 hours (check that pork is fork tender)
- Remove pork to a chopping board. Cut into slices.
- Spoon off any fat from top of mixture in slow cooker.
- Serve pork topped with sauce and scallion greens if desired.