Time: 10 – 15 mins
Food Plan Info
Restricted Veg: 1
This baked chicken and almond pepper recipe combines super nutrition with easy preparation of only 10 – 15 minutes.
With low saturated fat of only 3 grams and almost 30 grams of protein per serving this is a delightful mix of textures and flavours that can be added to your repertoire of quick and easy lunch or dinner recipes.
- 600 grams chicken breasts
- 400g of red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 red peppers(450g), deseeded and cut into slices
- 240g baby potatoes chopped up
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, smoked paprika and fennel seeds, slightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 32 grams whole blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 250 grams 0% fat FAGE Greek yoghurt
- Small handful parsley or coriander to serve
- Heat oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees fan/gas mark 6.
- Place chicken or turkey, onions, potatoes if using and peppers in a large bowl and season.
- In another bowl mix together garlic, spices, oil, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour this over everything and spread the mixture on a large baking tray or 2 smaller trays.
- Roast for 40 minutes, turning chicken over after 20 minutes making sure it is cooked through.
- Add almonds for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve in bowls with a big dollop of Greek yoghurt and some chopped parsley or coriander.
To download a copy of the baked chicken and almond recipe, click here.