Time: 20 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Healthy breakfast recipes don’t always have to be boring. You might have embarked on a new healthy eating plan but that doesn’t mean you can’t be enjoying your meals just as much as you did before and that’s why we love this baked eggs and spinach recipe.
Eggs are always a breakfast winner in our eyes, they are so versatile and the ingredients you can add to them are endless.
Here we have added one main ingredient, spinach.
Believed to be of Persian origin, this vegetable had spread across Europe by the 12th century and became a desirable leafy green known for good health, a reputation that still stands to this day.
Spinach has always been regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy and increase vitality. It is also packed with nutritional benefits, as it is rich in iron and is also an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and folic acid as well as being a good source of magnesium and vitamin B2.
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 400g baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 calorie spray
- Preheat your oven to 200 C. Use a 1 calorie spray to grease 4 ramekins (Oven-proof).
- Again, using the 1 calorie spray, sauté the shallot until soft. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Season the vegetables to taste.
- Divide the vegetables between the 4 ramekins. Make a well in the middle of each and crack an egg into each ramekin. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the ramekins in the oven for 15-20 mins, depending on how you like your eggs.