Time: 35 mins
Food Plan Info
Protein: 2 1/2
Free Veg: 2
Here is a scrumptious recipe to help get your veggies into you in the morning. Bulking up on the free veggies,
along with the protein and the slow releasing carbohydrates, will help keep you fuller for longer.
The vinegar in this recipe beautifully balances the slight bitterness of the chard while providing a delightful
This recipe does take a little bit longer so may best be savoured as a breakfast or brunch at the weekends!
Sweet Potato, Chard and Turkey Sausage Hash With Poached Eggs Ingredients
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g (2 large) of sweet potato
- 6 stalks of scallion
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sea salt for serving
- 250g (6) fully cooked turkey sausages
- 120g (3 cups) Swiss chard
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 4 eggs
Sweet Potato, Chard and Turkey Sausage Hash With Poached Eggs Directions
- Heat the oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Take the unpeeled and scrubbed sweet potato and cut into 1⁄4-inch dices. Stir in the sweet potato, white parts of the scallions, 2 tsp. of the vinegar, and 1/2 tsp. of the salt, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the sausage, cover, and cook until the sweet potato is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Uncover and sauté until the sweet potato is lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add the chard, green parts of the scallions, rosemary, remaining 1 tsp. vinegar, and 1/2 tsp. of the salt and sauté until the chard is just wilted, about 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, fill a large, deep skillet with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Crack eggs directly into the water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and poach until the whites of the eggs turn opaque. Remove the eggs from the saucepan with a slotted spoon.
- Divide hash onto four plates, top with eggs, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp sea salt.