Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Tomatoes, they’re sweet, juicy, and delicious. Everyone knows they are good for you, but why? Well they contain Vitamins A, C and K they are naturally low in saturated fat, cholesterol and of course, low in calories what more could you want!
Time 10min prep, 1-2 hours marinating
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of basil chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 red tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 4 slices of sliced spelt bread
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and fry lightly for approx. 1 minute until it starts to turn a golden colour.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Roughly chop your tomatoes and toss with the balsamic, basil and salt and pepper.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours if time permits.
- Toast your bread when you are ready to eat, spoon on the tomato mix and then top with grated parmesan.