Time: 1 1/2 hours
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1 1/2
Restricted Veg: 1
This hearty chicken casserole is perfect for the cold winter evenings. It is packed full of protein using 3 of your servings. It uses your restricted veg serving and one of your carbohydrate servings per portion but it is well worth it for this delicious casserole that all the family is sure to enjoy!
- 400g chicken breast
- 4 carrots
- 2 onions
- 200g cubes sweet potato
- 2-3 sticks of celery
- 100g Cauliflower florets
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken stock (2 low salt stock cubes)
- Heat oven to 180C
- Slice the onions and fry in a casserole dish in 1 cal spray until soft.
- Cut chicken into cubes and add to the pot, cooking for 3-4 minutes before removing the pot from the heat.
- Peel and chop sweet potato, carrots, celery before adding to the pot along with the cauliflower
- Pour in the tin of tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the ingredients with stock and place in the oven for roughly an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Download your copy of the Chicken Casserole recipe.