Chicken Skewers: This recipe is perfect as a snack or as part of a meal that can serve the whole family.
Calories per skewer = 200
Saturated fat = 2 grams
Carbohydrates (of which sugar) = 0 grams
Protein =18 grams
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ripe tomatoes on the vine
- 2 green chillies
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Mix the herbs, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and add chicken pieces.
- Mix well.
- Cut red onion into six wedges, then separate the layers on each wedge.
- Add onion and pepper to the marinade and mix thoroughly.
- For the relish, half and seed tomatoes.
- Chop the flesh up finely.
- Mix the tomatoes, chillies, garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and pour into a small dish.
- Thread the chicken, peppers and onion onto skewers, finishing each with a lemon wedge.
- Grill under a medium high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, making sure chicken is cooked.
- Serve on a platter with tomato relish.