Time: 40 minutes
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Restricted Veg: 1
Delicious – curried tofu wraps. This spicy vegan dinner is big on taste. It is simple to make and packed with chunky tandoori-spiced tofu on a cool mint, yoghurt and red cabbage relish!
Sure to please everyone at the dinner table, non vegans included.
This recipe does use 2 carbs when used for dinner but everything could be halved to make 1 wrap for a tasty lunch option.
Curried Tofu Wraps Ingredients
- 400g of shredded red cabbage
- 4 heaped tablespoons of dairy free yoghurt (eg Alpro plain with coconut)
- 3 x 200g packs of tofu each cut into 15 cubes
- 3 tbsp of mint sauce
- 2 tbsp tandoori curry paste
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cal fry lite spray
- 2 onions(250g) sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 8 small wholegrain wraps
- 2 limes cut into quarters
Curried Tofu Wraps Directions
- Mix the cabbage, yoghurt and mint sauce, season and set aside.
- Toss the tofu with the tandoori paste and 1tbsp of olive oil.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the tofu (in batches), for a few minutes each side until golden.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Spray the pan with 1 cal spray and stir in onions and garlic and cook for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Return the tofu to the pan and season well.
- Warm the wraps, then top each one with some cabbage followed by the curried tofu and a good squeeze of lime.
- Serve with a side salad.