This tasty broccoli stuffed chicken recipe is a family favourite and the vegetables used can be varied.
Check through the list of alternative free vegetables in the Motivation Food Plan book or on the Motivation.ie website.
The recipe uses 3½ servings of protein leaving you with 3½ servings for the rest of the day.
If you have a carbohydrate serving left you could serve it with a jacket potato or savoury rice.
Time: 35 minutes
Free veg 2
– 4 medium chicken breasts (150g – each)
– Salt and pepper
– 1½ tsp garlic powder divided
– ¼ tsp paprika
– 100g of finely chopped broccoli florets
– 50g of diced red bell peppers
– 50g of mild cheddar cheese
– 2 tbsp low fat mayo
– 2 tbsp of olive oil (or use 1 Cal spray)
1. Season both sides of the chicken fillets with salt and pepper, paprika and ½ the garlic powder.
2. Use a sharp knife to cut a slice in the middle of the chicken fillets (not all the way through).
3. For the filling place the broccoli florets in a microwaveable bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain any excess water.
4. To the dish, add the bell pepper, cheese, mayo, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix until combined well.
5. Divide the mixture between the 4 chicken breasts, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
6. Preheat a skillet/large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sear the chicken fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Then cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes.
Download your copy of the broccoli stuffed chicken recipe here.