Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 2
This quick and tasty curried chicken and cauliflower bake recipe uses up 3 of your 7 protein servings for the day. It is a perfect dinner option accompanied with some basmati rice as one of your carbohydrate servings.
Ingredients for Curried Chicken And Cauliflower Bake
- 500g of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tbsp tikka curry powder
- 600g of skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 400g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g baby leaf spinach
Instructions for Curried Chicken And Cauliflower Bake
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix the curry powder and 3 tbsp water in a shallow dish to make a smooth paste. Make a few slashes in each chicken thigh, add to the paste and toss to coat evenly. Spray a large non-stick roasting tin with low-calorie cooking spray and arrange the chicken thighs in a single layer.
- Toss the cauliflower with any remaining curry paste to coat the florets lightly and add to the tin around the chicken thighs. Season lightly, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and roast for 10 minutes. Scatter over the tomatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is tender.
- Just before the end of the cooking time, place the spinach in a large colander over the sink and pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt it. Drain well, add to the chicken and cauliflower and serve hot.