Time: 35 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 2
Restricted Veg: 1
This Spicy Marinated Salmon and Roasted Vegetables recipe is a really tasty & easy way to increase your intake of oily fish.
Salmon is high in omega 3, known for its anti-inflammatory properties making it beneficial for cardiovascular & brain function.
The salmon is paired with delicious roasted vegetables to increase your vitamin C & fibre intake.
If you use this recipe for your dinner on the standard boost plan, it will use your restricted vegetable for the day and ¼ of your dairy serving.
It will leave you with 4 protein servings to spread over lunch & dinner. It also leaves your 2 fat servings & 2 carbohydrate servings so you could pare it with 120g of boiled baby potatoes to use one of your carbohydrate servings!
- 540g of Salmon fillets
- 250g of natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Chilli flakes as desired
- Turmeric as desired
- 1 tbsp of Pataks tandoori curry paste
- 2 courgettes
- 1 small red onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix 200g of the yoghurt, with the crushed garlic gloves and the tablespoon of Pataks curry paste. Mix well until it the mixture turns pale red.
- Add the chilli flakes & turmeric to the yoghurt mix as desired, a ½ teaspoon of each will give a mild kick or add more if you like a spicier dish. Add a sprinkle of salt & pepper again as desired.
- Line a baking tray with foil & place the salmon fillets on the foil.
- Coat the salmon with the yoghurt mix and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Combine the courgettes, tomatoes, onion, garlic & red chilli flakes in a separate baking dish. Spray with 1 cal spray & season with salt & pepper. Mix well
- Once marinated, place salmon fillets in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.
- Place the prepared veg in the oven & roast until vegetable are tender and slightly golden, about 18-20 mins. They should be ready the same time as the salmon for the perfect tasty dish.
- Use any leftover natural yoghurt to drizzle over the salmon fillets.
Download your copy of the Spicy Marinated Salmon and Roasted Vegetables recipe here.