Time: 1 hour marinating, 15 mins to cook
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
This grilled halibut steaks recipe is very easy to prepare and just as easy to cook. Halibut, the largest flatfish in the ocean, is a delicious white-fleshed fish with a firm, meaty texture. As with all fish, do not overcook as the meat will become tough and won’t have that gorgeous flaky texture.
Grilled Halibut Steaks Ingredients
- 3 tbsps chicken stock
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 560g halibut cut into fillets
- 400g asparagus tips
Grilled Halibut Steaks Directions
- In a bowl, mix the chicken stock with the lemon juice and the rosemary.
- Add the halibut steaks to the mix, cover with cling film and leave to marinade for an hour in the fridge.
- After marinating, season the steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill the fish under a medium heat, skin facing down for 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, steam the asparagus tips for 6-8 minutes.
Serve the fish steak on a bed of asparagus with the fresh lemon wedges.