This is a really filling tasty summer salad. It could be used as a lunch or is filling enough for a dinner. It does use up your 2 fat servings and 1 of your carbohydrate servings but as long as you are conscious of that with you other two meals, it is a great choice for those lazy summer evenings and the oven gets a rest.
Best of all it can be used again over the next two days for meals with no need to reheat.
Time 15 minutes
Free veg 2
Ingredients for Summer Chickpea Salad
– 280g whole wheat pasta
– 480g chickpeas
– 1 medium red pepper
– 1 yellow pepper
– 200g cherry tomatoes cut in half
– ½ whole cucumber
– 120g feta cheese
– 120g black olives
– 1 medium red onion
– 1 handful parsley
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 15 ml apple cider vinegar
– 1 pinch sea salt
– 1 dash honey
Instructions for Summer Chickpea Salad
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta for 10 minutes, drain and leave to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, onion, olives, parsley and the pasta.
3. For the dressing mix all ingredients in cup, add to the bowl and gently stir.
4. Serve straight away, or cover and place in the fridge, consume within 2 days.