Food Plan Info
Carbohydrate: 1 (if using Rice)
Tuna is a source of high-quality protein with almost no fat. It contains all essential amino acids required by the body for growth and maintenance of lean muscle tissue.
Tuna also contains Omega 3 fatty acids known for their anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in potassium, manganese, vitamin C & zinc. A perfect reason to rustle up this delicious yet simple recipe that all the family is sure to love.
Ingredients for Grilled Tuna Steaks
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 4 tuna steaks (210g each)
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Instructions for Grilled Tuna Steaks
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic and thyme. Add the tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Remove tuna from bag; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
3. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
4. Serve with 65g of basmati rice and free vegetables of your choice.