Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 2
This recipe is so tasty and perfect for these warm summer evenings. It is packed with protein using 3 of your 7 protein servings, 1 fat serving and 2 free vegetables servings.
This recipe will truly impress any summer visitors and it is so quick and simple to make; it’s an all-round winner.
Ingredients for Steak and Aubergine Salad
– 1 aubergine halved length-ways & cut into thin slices
– 2 tbsp. of flour
– 2 tbsp. of olive oil
– 400g of lean steak
– 200g of lamb’s lettuce or spinach leaves
– 120g of feta cut into cubes
Dressing for Steak and Aubergine Salad
– 1 green chilli halved & chopped
– ½ lemon juiced
– ½ small pack (15g) of coriander
– ½ small pack(15g) of mint leaves
Instructions for Steak and Aubergine Salad
1. Dust the aubergine slices in the flour, mixed with some seasoning.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. of the olive oil in a large frying pan until shimmering. Add the aubergine to the pan and fry for a few mins on each side until collapsing and soft, then set aside.
3. Turn up the heat, season the steak, then add to the pan and fry for 2 mins on each side for rare (longer if you want it medium). Set aside to rest for 5 mins, then slice
4. Blitz the remaining olive oil in a blender or small food processor with the rest of the dressing ingredients and a splash of water.
5. When ready to serve, mix half the dressing with the lamb’s lettuce / spinach, and then tip onto a plate. Top with the crispy aubergine and steak, crumble over the feta, and then drizzle over the remaining dressing.
6. Scatter over any remaining herbs and serve.