Serves: 4 - 6
This recipe is quick to prepare and only requires a minimal amount of recipe shopping. This is perfect as a side dish and will introduce you to the amazing ways bacon and Brussel Sprouts compliment one another. This flavourful and quick to prepare meal can feed 4 – 6 people.
- 4 strips of thick cut bacon, remove all rind
- 450g Brussel sprouts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cal fry light spray
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon’s chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chop Brussel sprouts in half, blanch them in boiling water for 3-4 minutes until fork tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Heat a large non-stick pan, spray 1 cal spray light and add in roughly chopped bacon and cook until crispy.
- Add the garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add the Brussel sprouts, remove when they are warmed through and serve.