Time: 20 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1/2
This healthy, meaty pork recipe uses lean pork steaks and is on the table in less than 20 minutes! Pork chops are a great, budget-friendly option for dinner and can be grilled, baked or sautéed.
This recipe pairs the pork chops with a flavoursome bean salsa. Beans are among the most versatile and commonly eaten foods throughout the world and contain a variety of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Beans also contain fibre, folate, iron, potassium and magnesium while containing little or no total fat, trans-fat, sodium and cholesterol. We use these beans as a topping in this pork recipe but you can also eat them on their own as they provide a good amount of protein per serving.
- Low- cal cooking spray
- 240g 3 bean mix, (buy in a tin, drain and rinse)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, diced and peeled
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 tbsps of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsps of lemon juice
- 2 tbsps of apple juice
- 240 g pork, in 4 steaks
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 quartered lemon to serve
- Mix the beans, onion, cucumber, tomato, parsley, apple juice, lemon juice and vinegar in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and chill in the fridge
- Lightly spray a non- stick pan with low- cal spray and bring to a high heat.
- Cook the pork steak for 2-3 minutes on either side. Remove from the heat and allow them to sit for a few minutes.
- Place the spinach leaves on each plate, top with the pork, and accompany with the bean salsa.