Turkey Taco Recipe
This flavoursome Turkey Taco recipe is easy, tasty and healthy as a meal for you and the family, ingredients can be scaled up and down to accommodate everyone.
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed fresh coriander
- Juice of two limes
- 1/2 green chilli
- 1 Cal light spray
- 500g ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 heads of cos lettuce/ Baby gem or Chinese lettuce works great for this
- diced avocado and tomatoes for garnish
- In a food processor, add onion, garlic, coriander, lime juice and green chilli. Pulse and set aside.
- In a medium non-stick sauté pan, heat 1 cal light spray over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up any large pieces, for 5 minutes. Add chilli powder, cumin, oregano and salt; stir together.
- Add the blended coriander mix to the turkey and stir to combine. Cook until turkey is cooked through (about 5 minutes more). Add the water and turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat off and allow the turkey mixture to stand while you prepare the lettuce wraps.
- Wash and pat dry the lettuce leaves and top each with the turkey mix, diced tomato, avocado and extra cilantro if desired.