Time: 60 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Restricted Veg: 1
A family dinner time favourite! Warming winter comfort food, topped with cheesy mash.
This takes a little bit more time and effort but it is worth it. Also, this meal, once cooked, will keep in the fridge
Veggie Sausage and Bean Pie Ingredients
- 6 Linda McCartney sausages (1 pack), defrosted and cut into chunks
- 480g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 20g reduced fat margarine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (80g) diced
- 1 stick of celery (50g) diced
- 1 carrot (60g) diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 vegan stock cube
- 1 small tin of sugar free baked beans (200g)
- 1 small tin of kidney beans (200g)
- 100g baby spinach
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 20g reduced fat cheddar
Crustless Tofu Quiche Directions
- Preheat the oven to 190◦c/170◦c fan / gas mark 5.
- Boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes or until soft. Drain and mash the potato with the low fat margarine. Set aside.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add the 1tbsp oil and the sausages. Fry for 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic and fry for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Add the tomato puree, stock cube, kidney beans and sugar free baked beans. Stir through the sausages.
- Transfer the sausage mix to an oven proof dish. Top with the mashed potato and sprinkle with grated cheese (if desired). Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.