If you’re trying to keep your carbohydrate servings for later in the day this breakfast of baked eggs in Portobello mushrooms is a great one to try. Often eggs without toast can feel a little lacking in the morning but introducing a “meaty” Portobello mushroom provides bulk without the calories for this breakfast leaving you feeling fuller for longer.
Protein 1 1/2
Free Veg 1/2 cup
4 large eggs
4 large portobello mushrooms
2 scallions finely sliced
4 turkey rashers
1 red chilli finely sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C. Remove the stalk from each mushroom so that you are left with a hollow cup. Peel the mushrooms if necessary.
2. Under the grill cook the two turkey rashers and then chop roughly.
3. Crack an egg into each of the mushrooms and then sprinkle with the scallion, chilli and turkey bits.
4. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15mins depending on how runny you like the yolk.
5. Remove from the heat and enjoy with a side salad if desired.