Time: 15 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 2
Consider this take on the scrambled eggs for breakfast – Kale Scramble Breakfast Bowl.
The nutrients in kale can help boost wellbeing and prevent a range of health problems.
Did you know:
- Kale Is Among The Most Nutrient-Dense Foods on The Planet. …
- Kale Is Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants Like Quercetin and Kaempferol. …
- Kale Is an Excellent Source of Vitamin C. …
- Kale Can Help Lower Cholesterol, Which May Reduce The Risk of Heart Disease. …
- Kale Is One of The World’s Best Sources of Vitamin K.
Scallions and mushrooms also add taste and texture.
This brekkie recipe is a powerful way to start any day!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 200g of organic green kale
- 150g of chopped mushrooms
- 150g of chopped scallions
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 6 eggs
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the kale, mushrooms, scallions and ¼ tsp of salt and cook until the kale has wilted and the mushrooms are soft (about 8-10 minutes).
- Turn the heat to low and crack the eggs directly into the pan with the remaining salt and quickly scramble until the eggs are done (2-3 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with lemon wedges.