Chilli Con Carne
This recipe needs no introductio. It’s one of those classic dishes so beloved of students all over the country. We do have an alternative version made with turkey, for those of you that prefer a leaner meat- it too is delicious.
Restricted veg 1/4
Free veg 1
Chilli Con Carne Ingredients:
– 240g lean mince
– 1 onion chopped
– 1 pack of chilli seasoning mix, look for one low in sugar
– 1 tin chopped tomatoes
– 1/2 of one beef stock pot
– 240g of kidney beans
– Boiling water
1. Fry off the onion in a little 1 calorie spray and then add in the mince.
2. When cooked, add in your spice mix and stir to cook off slightly before adding the tin of tomatoes.
3. Rinse the kidney beans under cold water and add to the chili. Melt the stock cube and about 1/2 a pint of boiling water and add to the chili, leave on a low heat for ten-fifteen mins to simmer and reduce slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with a portion of brown rice or salad. Add some chopped red chili if you like it really hot.