This balsamic chicken dish is ideal for a mid-week dinner but as it’s bursting with flavour, you’ll fancy it at the weekend too. Also, it won’t take long to cook if you marinate it the night before.
Combining the rosemary, olive oil, garlic, paprika and black pepper makes a tasty and flavourful marinade for the chicken.
400g chicken breast
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp fresh rosemary
3 garlic cloves, minced
125ml of water
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Place chicken onto a board covered in cling film and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin.
3. In a bowl combine the rosemary, olive oil, garlic, paprika, black pepper, and mix until it becomes a paste. Rub the paste onto both sides of the chicken.
4. Place the coated chicken in cling film and refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
5. Line a baking tray with tin foil and spray your low cal spray onto it to prevent the chicken from sticking. Put the empty tray into oven for 5-8 minutes to heat.
6. Once the oven is hot enough place the marinated chicken onto the preheated baking tray. Pour the water over the chicken and bake until juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink.
7. As soon as the chicken is cooked, drizzle the balsamic vinegar onto it while it is still in the tray and then place onto serving plates.
8. Stir the liquid still in the baking tray and drizzle over chicken.
9. Serve with free vegetables and a baby potato or boiled rice if within your allowance.