The use of the term ‘tray bake’ demonstrates how easy a recipe this is to prepare. Use a casserole dish if you prefer. You can use vegetables of your choice for this recipe and remove the carb by taking out the sweet potato or swap out the restricted veg for more of the free stuff. The base stays the same for this delicious chicken tray bake.
Free Veg 2
Restricted Veg 1/2
* 400 g chicken breast, chopped
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp honey
* 1 tsp smoked paprika
* 1 red pepper, chopped into chunks
* 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks
* 200 g cherry tomatoes
* 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
* 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
* 2 tsp oregano
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 red onion, chopped
* 200g sweet potato, chopped into chunks
* 1 courgette chopped into chunks
* 60g low fat feta cubed
* Lemon slices for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C.
2. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika, oregano, garlic, salt and honey.
3. Place the vegetables and chicken on a baking tray.
4. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and chicken, mix through and place the baking tray / casserole dish into the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and add scatter the cheese and lemon slices over the tray and place back into the oven and roast for a further 10 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!