Full of protein, this grilled tofu chickpea salad recipe is a great option for vegetarians.
Tofu, or bean curd, is a popular food derived from soya. It is made by curdling fresh soya milk, pressing it into a solid block and then cooling it – in much the same way that traditional dairy cheese is made by curdling and solidifying milk. The liquid (whey) is discarded, and the curds are pressed to form a cohesive bond. A staple ingredient in Thai and Chinese cookery, it can be cooked in different ways to change its texture from smooth and soft to crisp and crunchy.
Time: 2 min prep and 5 min to cook
Free Veg 1
Restricted Veg ¼
– 240g chickpeas
– 280g tofu
– 1 red pepper, sliced
-100g sliced radish
– 100g scallion, roughly chopped
– 1 red onion, finely sliced
-1 cucumber, diced
– 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
– juice of one lemon
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– ½ tsp sea salt
– ½ tsp black pepper
1. In a pan or under a grill, fry or grill your tofu chunks until charred lightly on each side.
2. Rinse your chickpeas in some water and transfer to a bowl.
3. Combine all of the ingredients and dress with the lemon juice, olive oil and season with your salt and pepper.