Time: 5 mins prep and 5 mins cook
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Restricted Veg: 1/4
Full of protein, this grilled tofu chickpea salad recipe is a great option for vegetarians.
Tofu, or bean curd, is a popular food derived from soya. It is made by curdling fresh soya milk, pressing it into a solid block and then cooling it – in much the same way that traditional dairy cheese is made by curdling and solidifying milk. The liquid (whey) is discarded, and the curds are pressed to form a cohesive bond. A staple ingredient in Thai and Chinese cookery, it can be cooked in different ways to change its texture from smooth and soft to crisp and crunchy.
- 240g chickpeas
- 280g tofu
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 100g sliced radish
- 100g scallion, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a pan or under a grill, fry or grill your tofu chunks until charred lightly on each side.
- Rinse your chickpeas in some water and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients and dress with the lemon juice, olive oil and season with your salt and pepper.