Time: 50 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Restricted Veg: 1
Good old Shepherd’s Pie.
It’s one of those go to staple meals not only in Ireland but across the world. Shepherd’s Pie is a long-standing family favourite because it’s easy to make and serves an entire family in one go.
Of course, we also associate Shepherd’s Pie with mincemeat and a mashed potato crust but this vegan alternative is well worth a try.
It’s wholesome and tasty and credit where credit is due, this vegan pie recipe also hits a home run with warmth and flavour.
Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Broccoli & Cauliflower Ingredients
- 600g of Veggie mince
- 250ml of stock made from vegan stock cube
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 400g of chopped tomato
- 150g of carrots chopped
- ½ head of broccoli
- ½ head of cauliflower
- Low calorie spray
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Rosemary sprigs (if desired)
Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Broccoli & Cauliflower Directions
- Heat a large pan with a spray of low-calorie spray and fry off the onion, garlic and carrot.
- Add the veggie mince to the pan, season with salt, pepper and finely chopped rosemary. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain off any excess oil from the pan and add in the stock and the tin of chopped tomatoes
- Simmer for 10 minutes and transfer to an oven proof dish.
- To make the topping: steam or boil the broccoli and cauliflower until tender then mash together and spread on top of the veggie mince.
- Cook in the oven at 180◦C for 20-25 minutes.
Download your copy of the Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Broccoli & Cauliflower recipe here.