Cod is a rich source of protein and is very low in fat and saturated fat so it is suitable for anyone who is watching their cholesterol. It is very high in B12 which is needed for healthy blood and a healthy immune system as well as helping to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
Cod is rich in iodine which is needed for a healthy metabolism and to keep the thyroid healthy. Cod is also very rich in selenium, an antioxidant that is needed for healthy sperm as well as healthy skin, hair and nails.
Finally, Cod is a great source of potassium which helps to keep blood pressure at healthy levels.
This cod with tomato and thyme recipe is really easy to prepare and cook. Please make sure to watch your timing and don’t overcook the cod.
Restricted Veg ½
Free Veg 1
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 white onion, finely diced
– 600g (1 & 1/2 cans) of chopped tomatoes
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– ½ tsp stevia
– few sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
– 1 tbsp. soy sauce
– 560g cod, fillets (any other white flaky fish will work well too)
1. Heat the olive oil in a wide based frying pan, add in the diced onion and cook until it begins to soften and brown. Then stir in the tomatoes, garlic, stevia, thyme and soy. Leave on a low heat and then bring to a simmer.
2. Once your sauce is simmering, place the cod fillets into the sauce. Cover and gently cook for 8-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
3. Garnish with some more fresh thyme and serve with a free veg salad or some new potatoes.
Speedy cod with tomato and thyme – quick, healthy and very tasty. Enjoy!