Time: 15 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Few dishes are as easy to cook as a stir-fry especially this super speedy stir-fried beef and broccoli.
The key here is to make sure that your wok / frying pan is really hot hence the term – stir-fry. In this recipe we are using the flank and it’s a really tasty cut with that little bit of chew in it. It’s important to slice the meat thinly – ask your butcher, if he’s not run off his feet, he’ll happily do it for you.
This is probably one of the most eclectic ingredient’s list that we’ve prepared. The bone broth is pretty easy to make. Again, ask your butcher for some bones to make the broth. Or check our Carol’s Stock Market.
The Tamari soy sauce is available in most good health stores – try The Health Store.
For the unpasteurized honey you’ll have to search a little bit harder. SuperValu do stock Olly’s honey but your local artisan shop may well stock local suppliers.
It’s worth getting these ingredients as this Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli recipe is one that you’ll want to make again and again.
- 400g flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 250ml bone broth
- 80ml Tamari sauce
- 60ml unpasteurized honey
- 4tsp toasted sesame oil
- 365g raw broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions to garnish
- If you find it hard to cut your beef in thin slices, pop it in the freezer for half an hour and then cut it, you don’t want it frozen completely so don’t leave it in too long.
- Start by whisking together the minced garlic, grated ginger, bone broth, tamari, honey and toasted sesame oil.
- Heat a wok high heat and add the sauce to it; bring to a simmer.
- Next, add the broccoli florets and cook for about 1 minute until slightly softened.
- Add the thinly sliced beef, stir well.
- Meanwhile, dilute the tapioca starch (or corn starch) in the water and pour that into the wok. Stir well and simmer for at least 1 minute, until the sauce is thickened and the beef is cooked but still slightly pink.
- To complete this stir-fried beef and broccoli recipe serve with a side of basmati or cauliflower rice, garnished with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
Download your copy of the Super Speedy Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli recipe here