Time: 20 mins prep and 2 hours marinating
Food Plan Info
This Thai Pork Kebabs recipe tastes so much better when you make your own marinade. Shop-bought marinades are often too sweet and contain too much sugar. the homemade marinade below is full of flavour and is well worth the effort.
This is a great BBQ recipe but it works just as well in your oven or under the grill.
- 240g of pork, fat trimmed off
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 sticks of lemongrass
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 cm piece of ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1 fresh green chilli
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Cut the pork up into chunks suitable for kebabs.
- Pick and separate the coriander leaves from their stalks, then add the stalks to a food processor with the lemongrass.
- Remove the garlic skin and peel the ginger using a sharp knife before adding them both to the processor. Add in the zest of the lemon and lime.
- Squeeze in the lime and lemon juice, trim and add the chilli along with 2tbsp of sunflower oil. If you don’t want the kebabs too spicy, remove the seeds from the chilli before adding it. Blend the ingredients into a paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and mix in the chunks of pork, cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight if you can.
- After marinating, skewer the pork. They can then be cooked either on a BBQ or in your oven or grill. They will need about 4 minutes on each side on a medium heat.
- Serve the Thai Pork Kebabs on a platter with a sprinkle of the coriander leaves and some more lemon for drizzling.