This summer pea soup recipe comes together quickly and can be made ahead of time. This means it’s a great recipe for entertaining or an easy weekend summer meal.
It’s the perfect summertime soup.
Free Veg 1
Restricted Veg 1
– Small bunch spring onions, roughly chopped
– 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
– 1 large round lettuce, roughly chopped
– 200g frozen peas
– 4 tsp vegetable bouillon
– 4 tsp fat free natural yogurt (optional)
– Fresh mint leaves to garnish (optional)
1. Boil 1.4 litres water in a kettle. Spray with Fry Light a large non-stick frying pan and cook the spring onions for 5 mins, stirring frequently, or until softened. Add the cucumber, lettuce and peas and pour over the boiled water.
2. Stir in the vegetable bouillon, cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the vegetables are soft but still bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Either transfer to a food processor or blitz the mixture with a hand blender until smooth. This soup can be served hot or cold and topped with yogurt in place of cream should you wish. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.