Time: 20 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Restricted Veg: 1
This summer pea soup recipe comes together quickly and can be made ahead of time. This means it’s a great recipe for entertaining or an easy weekend summer meal.
It’s the perfect summertime soup.
- Small bunch spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 large round lettuce, roughly chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 4 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 4 tsp fat free natural yogurt (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Boil 1.4 litres water in a kettle. Spray with Fry Light a large non-stick frying pan and cook the spring onions for 5 mins, stirring frequently, or until softened. Add the cucumber, lettuce and peas and pour over the boiled water.
- Stir in the vegetable bouillon, cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the vegetables are soft but still bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Either transfer to a food processor or blitz the mixture with a hand blender until smooth. This soup can be served hot or cold and topped with yogurt in place of cream should you wish. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.