This delicious tofu quiche recipe uses tofu instead of eggs for a healthy, low-fat, dairy free, and cholesterol-free vegetarian and vegan breakfast, weekend brunch or dinner option. The recipe contains nutritional yeast which is sometimes called a superfood because even a little of this high protein, low-fat, nutrient-dense food provides a host of vitamins and minerals.
More research is necessary to confirm the benefits of nutritional yeast. However, it seems that it may help boost energy and maintain vitamin B-12 levels, as well as supporting the immune system, dermatological health, and pregnancy. Not all nutritional yeast is fortified with vitamin B-12, so it is important to check the label for ingredients.
Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and high-quality protein. Typically, one-quarter of a cup of nutritional yeast contains: 60 calories , 8 grams (g) of protein, 3 g of fiber,11.85 milligrams (mg) of thiamine, or vitamin B-1,9.70 mg of riboflavin, or vitamin B-2,5.90 mg of vitamin B-6, 17.60 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin B-12. It also contains vitamin B-3, potassium, calcium, and iron.
This recipe uses 1 protein serve per slice so you could use once slice as a breakfast option or double up for a dinner serving.
Time 50 minutes
Free veg 1
Tofu Quiche Ingredients
– 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
– 100g of scallions, red pepper and courgette chopped finely
– 100g of spinach
– 1 sliced tomato to garnish
– 300g packet of silken Tofu
– 1½ tbsp. of nutritional yeast
– 1 clove of crushed garlic
– ½ tsp of dried oregano
– ½ tsp of smoked paprika
– Pepper to taste
Tofu Quiche Directions
1. Preheat oven to 180° C.
2. Take finely chopped vegetables and lightly fry in Frylight.
3. Grease a flan dish (rectangle-shaped dish will work just as well) with the tbsp. of rapeseed oil.
4. Put the tofu, garlic and nutritional yeast in a blender and blend to a soft paste.
5. Transfer to a bowl and mix the cooked vegetables through as well as the spinach. Add the oregano, paprika and pepper and stir well.
6. Pour the mixture into the greased dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top.
7. Garnish with fresh herbs and sliced tomato and serve with a side salad and baby potatoes.
Download your copy of the Tofu Quiche recipe here.