Scallop Prawn and Vegetable Skewers
This Scallop Prawn and Vegetable Skewers recipe is a delicious light savoury meal for the brighter weather incorporating a variety of your favourite proteins. Perfect for seafood fans.
Free Veg 1
– 60ml cup dry sherry
– 1 tbsp. sesame oil
– 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
– 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
– 1 large garlic clove, crushed
Seafood and Vegetables
– 360g of shellfish (prawns and scallops mixed)
– 1 red pepper cut into squares
– 1 green pepper cut into squares
– 12 medium mushrooms
– 4 metal or soaked wood skewers
1. In a shallow dish mix the sherry, oil, ginger root, soy sauce and garlic. Place the scallops and prawns in the marinade, turning to coat ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Drop pepper squares into a pot of boiling water for 1 minute, then drain, this will soften them slightly. Remove seafood from marinade, reserving marinade.
3. Place marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes on low before removing from the heat. Do not let it over boil or it will disappear. Loosen with water if needed.
4. Thread skewers, alternating scallops, prawns, peppers and mushrooms.
5. Preheat the BBQ or grill to medium-high and place the kebabs on rack directly over the heat.
6. Close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes or until the seafood is opaque, turning once or twice and basting occasionally with the warm marinade.
Serve with a drizzle of the marinate over the top.