Time: 15 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
Turkey tacos are a really simple dish that all your family and friends can enjoy whilst also being a great carb-free option.
Turkey mince is growing in popularity as it’s a healthier alternative to beef mince which can be high in saturated fat. Turkey is a great source of iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It also contains vitamin B6 and niacin, both of which are important for the body’s energy production.
This carb-free recipe is one of the quickest and easiest meals you can make. It’s also budget-friendly and as the recipe can be easily doubled or tripled as needed, would be the perfect healthy finger food if you are hosting a party.
Quick tip – Turkey does tend to dry out quickly, so make sure not to overcook it.
Turkey Tacos Ingredients:
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed fresh coriander
- Juice of two limes
- 1/2 green chilli
- Low Cal spray
- 480g minced turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 75ml water
- 2 heads of cos lettuce/ Baby gem or Chinese lettuce works great for this
- Diced tomatoes and wedge of lime for garnish
- In a food processor, add onion, garlic, coriander, lime juice and green chilli. Pulse and set aside.
- In a medium non-stick sauté pan, heat low cal spray over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until white, breaking up any large pieces. Add the chilli powder, cumin, oregano and salt; stir together.
- Add the blended coriander mix to the turkey and stir to combine. Cook until turkey is cooked through (about 5 minutes more). Add the water and turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat off and allow the turkey mixture to stand while you prepare the lettuce wraps.
- Serve the turkey mix wrapped in lettuce leaves in place of tacos, finish with a squeeze of fresh lime!