Time: 15 mins
Food Plan Info
Free Veg: 1
This is a really simple dish that all your family and friends can enjoy whilst also being a great carb free option.
Turkey mince is growing in popularity as it’s a healthier alternative to beef mince which can be high in saturated fat. Turkey is a great source of iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It is also contains vitamin B6 and niacin, both of which are important for the body’s energy production.
This carb free recipe is one of the quickest and easiest meals you can make. It’s also budget-friendly and as the recipe can be easily doubled or tripled as needed, would be the perfect healthy finger food if you are hosting a party.
Quick tip – Turkey does tend to dry out quickly, so make sure not to overcook it.
Free Veg 1
– 1 small onion
– 2 cloves garlic, peeled
– 1/3 cup packed fresh coriander
– Juice of two limes
– 1/2 green chilli
– Low Cal spray
– 480g minced turkey breast
– 1 teaspoon chilli powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 75ml water
– 2 heads of cos lettuce/ Baby gem or Chinese lettuce works great for this
– Diced tomatoes and wedge of lime for garnish
1. In a food processor, add onion, garlic, coriander, lime juice and green chilli. Pulse and set aside.
2. In a medium non-stick sauté pan, heat low cal spray over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until white, breaking up any large pieces. Add the chilli powder, cumin, oregano and salt; stir together.
3. Add the blended coriander mix to the turkey and stir to combine. Cook until turkey is cooked through (about 5 minutes more). Add the water and turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
4. Turn heat off and allow the turkey mixture to stand while you prepare the lettuce wraps.
5. Serve the turkey mix wrapped in lettuce leaves in place of tacos, finish with a squeeze of fresh lime!